Holiday Politics and the Race Race for 2012 – #Occupy the White House
Image via Wikipedia
No matter what you believe, the GOP is dead set on making sure Obama is a one term president. It has been quoted and it has been stated as fact by Tea Party extremists and right-wing political God fearing believers. Nothing wrong with believing in God or any other deity that tickles your fancy – we just believe that not all colors can be defined as black and white. (that was a racist statement in case you missed it)
You would think at least one time of the year you could take a break from the political bantering and back-stabbing and really enjoy the holiday season. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Feblesnitz, Bumberdum or whatever you celebrate (even if you plan to not celebrate) should be the one time of year all politics should be banned. Again we spent the last hours of the weekend break bickering about the extension of the collapse of the federal government and tax increases for the middle and lower class – only to get a reprieve in the midnight hour and a ‘Christmas’ gift from the Christian conservative religious right – Oh, joy to the middle class and poor.
So where does it leave us? Well, thanks to Florida’s early primary date we now have the Iowa caucus moved to January 3 (a cold day in the hell-land of America) and every other primary pushed even further up the political latter so the Republicans are forced to pick a candidate that they obviously can’t find… Oh, wait – they have (had) many so far and the weekly front runner always seems to become the weekly loser based on idiot comments, extramarital affairs, religious beliefs (that aren’t Christian) and flip-flopping ideals that change with the winds.
What are we left with? Where have we come from in the last 3 years? When you get handed the worst economy in over 50 years (remember this started in 2007 – not 2008) it takes a few minutes to regroup and find your way even if you know what you’re planning to do. Not to mention that when you have fierce opposition to everything you say and public name slaying based on whatever good intent you may have had – it all just seems unbelievable that Obama is even still alive (that was not an assassination threat!). But what really has been accomplished? Bin Laden is dead, the Iraq war is ended, uniform Healthcare is law (for now) and the economy is slooooowwwwwwly creeping back to slight stability. Now if the 1% of the wealthiest could get off their over inflated ego champagne and caviar mindset and realize they are not the ONLY people in the world, the rest of the 99% might be able to actually survive the next decade.